The Institutional Planning and Research (IPR) Department analyzes a variety of College and related data to provide information for planning and decision making at the administrative and program level. The IPR Department supports strategic planning, and academic program review, coordinates campus survey development, and coordinates in the Institutional Review Board (IRB) process at the College. The IPR department also produces the CVTC Fact Book and annual program score cards, which are a source of current and historical information about CVTC students and programs. The Institutional Planning and Research Office is located in the Business Education Center.
Functions of Institutional Planning & Research
- Provide the College with information that supports institutional strategic planning and decision making.
- Provide internal and external environmental scanning and project future trends and needs in support of institutional planning.
- Produce descriptive profiles of students and other institutional performance data.
- Develop and disseminate benchmarks for the College and units within the College.
- Develop assessment processes for institutional effectiveness studies.
- Plan, conduct, analyze, and disseminate the results of analytical studies, including campus climate, student engagement, and student satisfaction.
- Provide information and expertise in the areas of intuitional assessment, academic program review, and strategic planning.
- Serve as a resource for reaccreditation self-studies.
- Provide analytical and consulting services to College committees and departments on an as-needed basis for College surveys.