Mix up your future with CVTC’s Pharmacy Technician program. You can earn your technical diploma in one year and start your career! At CVTC you will experience this career firsthand through pharmacy technician classes and hands-on lab experiences.
You will learn how to:
- Process prescription orders in both retail and hospital settings
- Comprehend and use medical and drug terminology common to pharmaceutical environments
- Understand professional, ethical and legal implications of your actions as it relates to yourself, the pharmacists, customers, and the pharmacy
- Calculate drug dosages, I.V. flow rates, drug compounding, and dose conversions
You will gain the following skills:
- Dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control, and billing and reimbursement
- Packaging and labeling of prescription drugs
- Preparing intravenous mixtures and compound medications
- Identifying drug therapies by drug name or class
Call 1-800-547-CVTC for more help
Get a Job
100% of our Pharmacy Technician graduates get a job in the industry.
Earn a Diploma Fast
Earn a Pharmacy Technician technical diploma in just one year.
Degrees in Demand
The U.S. Department of Labor projects 80% of the jobs created in the next decade will require education beyond high school.
[CMSAbstractTransformation.DataBind]: Unrecognized Guid format.
These are a few of the courses you will take in the Pharmacy Technician program. For more detailed course info click here.
- Pharmaceutical Calculations
Prepares the learner to convert weights and volumes between the avoirdupois, the apothecary, and the metric systems of measurement.
- Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technician
Prepares the learner to summarize treatments for diseases of the Musculoskeletal, Dermatologic, Endocrine, Reproductive, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Hematologic, Immune, Nervous, Gastrointestinal, and Renal systems, plus the eyes, ears, nose, and throat, and to use antineoplastic and geriatric drugs.
- Hospital Pharmacy Lab
Students learn about unit-dose packaging, filling of unit dose charts, IV compounding, interpreting physician orders, and utilization of aseptic technique in laminar flow hood settings.
- Pharmacy Benefits Specialist
- Pharmacy Inventory Technician
- Pharmacy Picking Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Gainful Employment Data
[Error loading the WebPart 'Wireframe_Label' of type 'Wireframe.Label']