Enroll in CVTC’s Renal Dialysis Technician program and earn your technical diploma in one year. In this career you will have the ability to utilize your technical and people skills, and establish ongoing relationships with patients. You will assist people with renal failure and chronic kidney disease.
As a renal dialysis technician, you will:
- Provide hemodialysis, a cleaning process that removes unwanted waste and fluid from the blood of people with end stage kidney disease
- Operate and troubleshoot machines used for hemodialysis
- Provide care for people on hemodialysis
- Collaborate with registered nurses for patient care
In CVTC’s program, you will gain the following skills:
- Patient care
- Operation and troubleshooting of dialysis machines
- Performing venipuncture
- Collaboration with registered nurses for patient care
- Maintaining a safe, clean environment
The program will include a clinical practicum, allowing you to put your skills to use in a dialysis facility.
As a dialysis technician you'll develop strong relationships with patients, while utilizing critical thinking skills. This career is challenging, interesting, and provides for a fast paced work environment.