Looking for an exciting and rewarding career that pays well? Check out CVTC’s Respiratory Therapy program and earn your associate degree in two years.
As a respiratory therapist you will evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. You will interview patients, perform limited physical examinations, and conduct diagnostic tests.
In the program, you will learn how to:
- Assess the cardiopulmonary status of patients
- Care for patients of all age groups and demographics
- Perform pulmonary function testing
- Deliver respiratory care
- Evaluate and monitor patient responses to respiratory care
- Provide patient, family, and community education
- Participate in life support activities in critical care
You will gain the following skills:
- Patient assessment
- Critical care skills
- Effective communication
- Critical thinking
- Patient education
The program is a combination of classroom and clinical training. As part of the respiratory therapist training, students will complete a clinical internship, allowing them to apply their education right away.