- Refunds are processed according to the Wisconsin Technical College System Refund Policy for program, material and activity fees. Refunds are applicable only from the date the student formally drops a course(s) or completely withdraws from the College.
- A full refund will be given if the drop/cancel is done prior to the first day the class meets. (The “first class” is defined as the first day the class meets and not the time of day a class meets.)
- Students who decide to withdraw from a course should do so immediately as a single day can make a difference in the refund. Requests for refunds must be received during the term of enrollment. Students registering for a course after its start date are subject to the refund policy guidelines as stated.
- Students who cease to attend classes without officially withdrawing will not receive a refund. Students are obligated for full payment of tuition and fees
- If the College cancels the course, the refund is 100%. If the College discontinues the course during the 80% refund period, the refund is 100% of all fees paid. After this period or after consumable materials have been issued to the student, the refund will be a proportionate amount of the total fees paid.
- A student who drops one course and adds another during the first week of the term shall receive 100% credit for tuition and fees paid, provided this amount is applied toward the course added. The course added must be in the same term as the course dropped. Courses beginning the first eight weeks of a term are not considered to be in the same term as courses beginning in the second eight weeks. If the fees for the course dropped exceed fees for the course added, refunds will be made according to the guidelines listed below. No adds or new registrations will be allowed after the Friday of the first week of the term.
Refunds for all courses scheduled to meet a semester or longer:
- 100% before the first day the class meets. The day the class meets and not the time of day defines the first class meeting.
- 80% during the first 14 calendar days from the first instructional day of the term.
- 60% during the 15th through the 28th calendar days from the first instructional day of the term.
- Zero after the 28th calendar day from the first instructional day of the term.
Refunds for all courses scheduled to meet less than a 16-week semester:
- 100% before the class meets.
- 80% if less than 11% of the course’s total potential hours of instruction have been completed.
- 60% if 11-20% of the course’s total potential hours of instruction have been completed.
- Zero after more than 20% of the course’s total potential hours of instruction have been completed.
Refunds for Seminars & Continuing Education
Business & Industry Services organizes professional development seminars and training certifications for the general public. Typical training does not exceed 24 hours.
- 100% refund if you cancel or transfer 5 business days prior to the day the class starts. Refunds will be processed within three (3) weeks of notice.
Emergency Service Continuing Education Courses
- 100% refund as long as CVTC is contacted prior to the start of the course.
Refund Appeal Procedure
All student refunds are made in compliance with the Wisconsin Technical College System refund policy. Students who dispute refund decisions may appeal by submitting a “Student Account and Refund Appeal Form” available on MyCVTC. CVTC is not obligated to review disputed fees if the appeal is not submitted within one year of the term the fees were incurred.