What is Credit for Prior Learning?
Credit for Prior Learning grants college credit toward an associate degree or technical diploma for previous knowledge and mastered skills directly related to program curriculum. Previous knowledge and skills may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training and professional development. This opportunity may enable students to accelerate the completion of their educational goals.
Credit for Prior Learning Information Sessions
You’re invited to attend and learn the “nuts and bolts” of CVTC’s Credit for Prior Learning program. Find out more about what it is, how it works, resources available, and what you’ll need to do to attain college credit for your previous knowledge. No RSVP required.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
All sessions cover the same information and will be held in room 120L of the Learning Center in the Business Education Center, located at Eau Claire’s Clairemont Campus.
- Monday, December 15, 2014 – Noon or 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015 – Noon or 6 p.m.
- Thursday, January 22, 2015 – Noon or 6 p.m.
Benefits – Here’s why you should apply!
- Shorten the time it takes to earn your degree
- Save money by taking fewer classes
- Get credit for your previous work experience
Eligibility – Find out if you can receive Credit for Prior Learning!
- Click on the red (new student) button below to complete the interest form.
- Wait for CVTC’s Credit for Prior Learning Coordinator to contact you!