Navigate Up
Sign In

Other Transfer Options

Youth Apprenticeships

This option combines academic and technical classroom instruction with mentored on-the-job learning, allowing you to make the connection between school and the workplace. Contact your high school guidance counselor for more information.


Youth Options

This option allows you to attend CVTC— either full or part-time — and earn both high school and CVTC credit. Learn more about Youth Options.


high school staff


Bookmark and Share

Transfer Credits from High School

Articulation Agreements

Articulation Agreements are just fancy words for an arrangement between your high school and CVTC, where a class you take in your high school (maybe it's accounting) counts for college credit at CVTC. When you enroll at CVTC you won't have to retake something you already took in high school, saving you time and money. CVTC offers two types of articulated credit: Transcripted Credit and Advanced Standing.


Transcripted Credit

Transcripted credit courses are actual CVTC courses, using college textbooks and materials, but they are taught in your high school by your high school teacher. College credits are awarded and recorded on a CVTC transcript upon successful completion of the course. Courses taken for college credit appear on your transcript and shall be transferable to other technical college who have the same program.  Courses vary by high school.


View the 2013-2014 Agreements


Advanced Standing​

Advanced Standing agreements are created between your high school and CVTC. Your high school teacher teaches the course at your high school just like normal. Once you successfully complete the course, you become eligible to receive advanced standing credit when you pursue an associates degree or technical diploma. If you have taken or are currently taking one of the agreed upon courses and you receive a "B" or better in the course, you can complete the Advanced Standing Request form and mail it to the address provided on the form to receive your advanced standing credit. You must attend CVTC or another technical college in Wisconsin to receive these credits. Advanced standing needs to be requested during the admission process and prior to registration. View the list below to see if your school has an agreement with CVTC.


View the 2013-2014 Agreements


View Past Agreements

​2012-2013 Advanced Standing Transcripted Credit​
​2011-2012 Advanced Standing Transcripted Credit
​2010-2011 Advanced Standing Transcripted Credit​
​2009-2010 Advanced Standing Transcripted Credit
​2008-2009 ​Advanced Standing Transcripted Credit
​2007-2008 Advanced Standing Transcripted Credit
​2006-2007 Advanced Standing
​2005-2006 Advanced Standing
​2004-2005 Advanced Standing
​2003-2004 Advanced Standing