This hands-on course introduces basic Adobe InDesign CS6 skills including the following topics:
• Getting started
• Basic documents
• Guides and master pages
• Modifying items
• Finalizing documents
After completing this course, you’ll know how to:
• Start Adobe InDesign, explore elements of the environment, set preferences and defaults, and use Adobe Community Help.
• Create documents and document presets; create and place text; place graphics and other InDesign pages; and work with color swatches.
• Position elements precisely by using guides and the Control panel; and use the master pages.
• Thread text between text frames, add jump lines, and use columns in text frames; use the Paragraph Formatting controls; use Find/Change to replace formatting; and create and edit paragraph and character styles.
• Position text in text frames and format frame edges; place Photoshop images in documents, set text wrap, modify graphics, and nest frames; group objects and manipulate objects within a group; and create layers and assign objects to them.
• Print documents, create print presets, and export documents to PDF; and prepare documents for commercial printing.
Recommended Course Prerequisites or Equivalent Experience
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse. In addition, this course assumes that students have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience:
• Windows 7: Basic, Windows Vista: Basic or Windows XP: Basic
• Book: Axzo Press Adobe InDesign CS5: Basic