After completing this course, you will know how to:
• Start Illustrator and explore the Illustrator environment; magnify and navigate a document; and use rulers, the grid, and guides to align artwork.
• Create and save a document, draw basic shapes, manipulate basic shapes, draw lines, arcs, spirals, and grids.
• Select objects using a variety of tools, transform objects, group objects, and work with layers to organize complex artwork.
• Select color by mixing values and using predefined swatches, explore color libraries, and add color from artwork and documents to swatches.
• Draw straight and curved line segments, create hand-drawn lines, and edit lines and paths.
• Understand type containers, apply character and paragraph formats, and create and use character and paragraph styles.
• Apply color to fills and strokes, create customized line styles, make gradients that smoothly blend one color into another, and use intuitive painting.