Navigate Up
Sign In

Right To Know

View our Right to Know document to get more details on the following topics:

  • ​Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy 

  • ​Alcohol & Drug Policy

  • ​Tobacco Policy

  • ​Accommodating Religious Beliefs

  • ​Accommodating Disabilities

  • ​Campus Safety & Security 

  • ​Information Regarding Sexual Assault 

  • ​Information Regarding Registered Sex Offenders 

  • Discrimination/Harassment

Bookmark and Share

Student Rights

​Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

Reasonable accommodations and auxiliary aids will be available for qualified students with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are not mandatory when the person with the disability poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others. If the student feels the need for an accommodation and/or service, the instructor should be notified as early as possible at the start of the term.

Accommodations for Religious Beliefs

CVTC complies with s38.04(16), Stats, which provides for the reasonable accommodation of a student’s sincerely held religious beliefs. Students can request a reasonable accommodation with regard to scheduling an examination and other academic requirements. The student request must be in writing and submitted to the instructor five working days prior to the date or dates of the anticipated absence. The student request will be kept confidential. Instructors will provide a means by which a student can perform the makeup examination or other academic requirement in a timely manner without any prejudicial effect.


Discrimination/harassment is prohibited when it is based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, disability, age, arrest or conviction record, marital status, parental status, mental health, veteran’s status, pregnancy, or sexual orientation. Discrimination means any action, policy or practice detrimental to a member of one of the above protected groups or that limits or denies opportunities to a person or group. Sexual harassment is also prohibited and is defined as severe, pervasive behavior that substantially interferes with one’s work or academic performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive academic environment.

Right to Privacy/Rights to Records

​(Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974)

CVTC annually informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.

This act protects the privacy of educational records, establishes the rights of students to inspect and review their educational records, and provides guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings. Students have the right to file complaints with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Office (FERPA) concerning alleged failure by the institution to comply with the act. Students have the right to the following:

  1. Inspect and review information contained in educational records.

  2. Challenge the contents of their educational record.

  3. Request a hearing if the outcome of the challenge is unsatisfactory.

  4. Submit an explanatory statement for inclusion in the educational record if the outcome of the hearing is unsatisfactory.

  5. Prevent disclosure with certain exceptions of personally identifiable information.

  6. Secure a copy of the institutional policy which includes the location of all educational records. 

  7. File complaints with the Department of Health, Education and Welfare concerning alleged failures by institutions to comply with the act.

All requests to review educational records must be made in writing to the Registrar.

Local policy explains in detail the procedures to be used by the institution to comply with the provisions of the act. Copies of the policy can be found in the Information and Service Center. Questions concerning the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act may be referred to the Information and Service Center. 

In complying with FERPA guidelines, CVTC will release the following directory information without the consent of the student: name, address, email address, telephone number, date and place of birth, past and present classes enrolled in, major fields of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of athletic team members, dates of enrollment, degrees and awards received (including honors), educational institutions attended, and other similar information as defined by the institution.

Students have the right to inform CVTC that any or all of the above information should not be released without their prior consent. Students who wish to do this must complete the necessary form revoking any or all of the public information listed. Revocation remains in effect until the student notifies CVTC of a change. Forms are available at the Information and Service Center, Eau Claire Clairemont Campus.

Student Concerns

The College strives to be responsive to student concerns. In most cases student concerns are best resolved through discussion with instructors. However, there may be times when you need to talk with someone else.

Call 1-800-547-2882 and ask to be transferred to the appropriate contact or use the list below.


Accommodations for Disabilities

Disability Services Specialist

Complaints concerning the quality of instruction​

Nancy Heller

Complaints, incidents or grievances dealing with discrimination, harassment, or retaliation ​(STUDENTS)​

Mike Ojibway
Diversity/Equal Opportunity Manager

Complaints, incidents or grievances dealing with discrimination, harassment, or retaliation (EMPLOYEES)​

Tam Burgau

General student concerns, formal grade appeals, college service complaints, or concerns regarding other students​

Trish Campbell

Safety & Security​

Willie Henning
Safety and Security Manager


After an attempt is made to resolve complaints through the applicable College appeals or complaint process, students who attend College within the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS), can file complaints at the State level in three categories as defined by the United States Department of Education:

  • Complaints that allege violations of Wisconsin consumer protection laws, including but not limited to false advertising
  • Complaints that allege violations of Wisconsin laws related to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; or
  • Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.

A student who reasonably believes that a violation has occurred in one or more of these categories may file a written complaint within one year form the date of the alleged violation or the last recorded date of attendance, whichever is later.  The WTCS will review complaints only after students attempt to resolve the matter through applicable college appeals or complaint processes.  Complaints must be signed by the student and submitted on the official complaint form located at:

Right to College Information

Current law requires each eligible institution participating in Title IV financial aid programs to provide student financial assistance and other institutional information. The following information is available from the Financial Aid Office and other campus offices.

General Information

Learn about the costs associated with attending CVTC.​

View tuition & fees​

Understand the process for officially withdrawing from the College.​

View student handbook

View a list of CVTC's academic programs.​

View CVTC programs​

Learn about the campuses at CVTC.​

Campus Information​

Get contact information for the faculty and instructional personnel.​

Staff Directory​

Learn about CVTC's accrediting body.​


Learn about the completion or graduation rate of our students.​

NCES Website​

Learn about Copyright Infringement, including sanctions. 

Copyright Policy

Learn about the Diversity of the Student Body & Pell Recipients at Chippewa Valley Technical College. 

Pell Recipients

Financial Aid Rights

Disbursement Information​

Learn about how and when student aid is distributed (called disbursement).​

More information

Learn about CVTC's refund policy.​

More information​

Learn about the refund policy related to Federal Student Aid.​

More information

Eligibility and Enrollment Information


Learn about the standards required for maintaining satisfactory academic progress for financial aid eligibility.​

More information​

Learn about how drug convictions can affect your financial aid eligibility.​

More information

Learn about how the number of credits you take can make you ineligible for financial aid.​

More information​

General Information​

Learn how to apply for Financial Aid assistance.​

financial aid checklist

Learn more about the financial assistance programs available to you.​

More information

Get an overview of the Financial Aid process.​

More information

Get contact information for financial aid personnel.​

More information​

Learn about the resources considered in calculating a student's financial need.

More information

View a list of courses that are not covered by financial aid.​

More information​

Loan Information

Understand the terms and conditions of any loans, employment, scholarships, or grant aid you receive.​

More information

To know the previous interest rates for FFELP Loans.​

More information​

know the current interest rates for Direct Loans.​

More information

To know where to access a loan repayment calculator.​

More information

To know that you will not be assessed any penalties if you prepay your loans in whole or in part.​

More information

To know that you have the right to defer repayment or request a forbearance of your loans if you qualify.​

More information

To know you may obtain a deferral on the repayment of the principal and/or the interest of a loan for a variety of circumstances. ​

More information

To know that under certain programs loans may be forgiven.​

Teacher loan forgiveness program

To know any refund due to Title IV student aid programs.​

More information

To know Chippewa Valley’ Technical College’s Code of Conduct – Lender Relations.

More information

To know the yearly cohort default rate.​

More information

To report to the financial aid office if the student is in default on a student loan or if the student owes a refund or repayment on any educational grant received from any school.​

More information

To repay your loans according to the terms and conditions of your loan agreement.​

More information

To complete loan entrance and loan exit counseling.​

More information

To make payments on your loans on time, inform your lender if you are unable to make your payment on time and/or to make other arrangements with your lender.​

More information​