Navigate Up
Sign In

Bookmark and Share

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. On campus positions as well as community service positions are available. Students are eligible to earn up to the amount listed on their award notification and are paid on a bi-weekly basis. This money is earned and paid directly to the student, not applied to their student account. The current hourly wage for work-study positions is $8.50.

I've Received My Award Notification- Now What?

When you complete the Financial Aid Checklist, you will receive a Financial Aid Award notification. If your award indicates you are eligible for "Work-Study (Federal)," you may apply for a work-study position.

If you qualify for the Work-Study program, login to the Paying for College area of My CVTC to view a listing of available Work-Study opportunities and learn more about how to apply for a position.