Navigate Up
Sign In
Bookmark and Share


​Grants are monies that under normal circumstances do not need to be repaid. The following grants are awarded at Chippewa Valley Technical College:

Federal Grants

  • Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students enrolled for a minimum of one (1) credit with high financial need based on the student's expected family contribution (EFC). The actual awards vary based on the number of enrolled credits.  
  • The Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) is awarded to undergraduate students enrolled for a minimum of one (1) credit with exceptional need based on the student's EFC.

Wisconsin State Grants

  • The Wisconsin Higher Education Grant (WHEG) is available to students who are Wisconsin residents and enrolled at least half-time. The grant is based on financial need.
  • Native American Grants (WIA, BIA) are available through the Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The grant amount is based on need. In addition to completing a FAFSA, students must also complete a separate Indian Scholarship Application which is obtained from their tribal education office for the purpose of certifying the student's degree of Indian blood.
  • The Minority Retention Grant Program (MINR) is available to minority students who are Wisconsin residents in the second year of a two-year program, maintain a 2.0 grade point average, and meet the financial need criteria. Minority status is determined by the data on our system and awarded after the school year has started.
  • The Talent Incentive Program (TIP) is designed for first-time students who are economically and/or academically disadvantaged. Students who feel they may qualify for this additional funding may contact the Eau Claire office of the Wisconsin Educational Opportunity Center at 715-836-3171 for further information.
  • The Hearing & Visually Handicapped Student Grant is available to Wisconsin residents who are hearing impaired or visually handicapped and who also demonstrate financial need. Applications are available online at
  • Wisconsin Academic Excellence Scholarship recipients are chosen by their high schools as academic scholars. Students must be enrolled full time in associate degree programs and maintain a 3.0 grade point average.

Funds for Wisconsin Scholars (FFWS)

The FFWS is a private charitable foundation that has been funded with a $175 million founding gift from John P. and Tashia F. Morgridge. It will provide grants to talented, lower-income graduates of Wisconsin public high schools attending a public college, university or technical school in Wisconsin. Grants are gifts and do not need to be repaid. Students do not apply directly to FFWS for funding. Students should fill out the FAFSA to request financial aid, including FFWS grants. Funding is awarded through the University of Wisconsin System two and four year colleges and the Wisconsin Technical College System. Funds will be distributed through financial aid offices as part of their financial aid package. For more information visit: