Navigate Up
Sign In
Bookmark and Share

How do I Activate my GI Benefits at CVTC?

To Activate your Federal GI Benefits, Submit the Following to CVTC Veterans Services:

  • If applying for Post 9/11 or CH 30, Discharge Paper/DD-214 (member 4 copy).  (Visit the National Archives to request your copy if necessary).
  • Federal Certificate of Eligibility (the VA will mail a copy to you once your application is processed.) 
  • Kicker or Buy-up documentation (if applicable).
  • If you’ve relinquished a benefit to become eligible for Post 9/11 (ch.33), please provide documentation regarding your previous benefit.
  • VA Form 22-1995 (only if you’ve previously used Federal GI benefits at another institution).
  • If you are a guest student wanting to use your GI Benefits at CVTC and your primary school, you must provide CVTC Veterans Services with a “parent school approval letter which verifies the course taken at CVTC will be credited toward your primary program.  CVTC can only certify your ‘guest’ credits once this letter is received.

When using Federal GI Education Benefits, please keep in mind:

     Only courses required for your degree program will be funded.

     Accelerated or short courses could affect your monthly stipend amount.

     You may be required to repay over payments to CVTC or the VA for “W” or “F” grades.

NOTE:  You must request to be certified each semester.  Please refrain from requesting certification until after your schedule is set and changes are unlikely.  Immediately notify CVTC Veterans Services of any schedule changes, including: drops, swaps, withdrawals, or additions.

To Activate your Wisconsin GI Benefits, Submit the following to Veterans Services:

  • WDVA 2029 Form (this can be found within the WDVA_B0105 Form).
  • WDVA 2031 Form (the WDVA will forward a copy to CVTC once your application is approved).
  • If you are a spouse or child of a veteran using WI GI Bill at CVTC, documentation such as a marriage license or birth certificate will be required.
  • WI National Guard Tuition Grant Application (if applicable and no later than 60 days after each course term, CVTC likes to have them filled out once you finalize your schedule).
  • Veterans Education Grant Application (if applicable and no later than 60 days after the start of the course, term or semester for which the reimbursement is requested.)