Federal GI Bill Benefits
The Department of Veteran Affairs administers a variety of education programs. Many veterans, active duty personnel, and/or family members can qualify for more than one education benefits program, including the following: (see ‘Related GI Bill/VA Forms and Pamphlets’)
- Montgomery GI Bill (Ch 30)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch 31)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Ch 33)
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance – DEA (Ch 35)
- Selected Reserve – MGIB-SR (Ch 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance (Ch 1607)
- Transfer of Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
Wisconsin GI Bill Benefits
The State of Wisconsin provides a number of educational programs for state veterans that are in addition to any federal veterans’ educational benefits that may be available. Eligibility varies between programs, including state residency requirements.
Wisconsin G.I. Bill Tuition Remission Program & Related Education Programs
When using the WI GI Bill, please keep in mind:
The WI GI Bill does not waive 100% of tuition and fees. It only waives the ‘program tuition’ and ‘classroom material’ fees. You are responsible for paying the uncovered portion including other fees, text books and other materials.