If you enjoy working with computers and are interested in the design and development of computer applications, games, and web pages, the Information Technology Software Developer Program could be just what you're looking for. It will benefit those who wish to distinguish themselves across a wide range of technical disciplines within the field of software development.
You'll receive hands-on learning with individual and team projects that will include.
- Explore operating systems and platforms, including UNIX, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Design and write computer programs using Java, C++, and Visual Basic.Net.
- Analyze business processes and apply solutions with Agile software development and industry-standard reporting tools such as SSRS and Crystal.
- Manage data and databases using SQL, MS Access, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Develop valuable workplace skills: time management, collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and environmental awareness.
Additionally, after completing the appropriate courses, students may qualify to take the following professional certification exams :
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist)
- OCPJP (Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer)
- MTA DB (Microsoft Technology Associate Data Base)
- MCSD (Microsoft Certified Software Developer)
Interest in web based applications is at an all-time high, and new computer applications are always in development. The Information Technology - Software Developer Program could be what you need to turn your interest in computers into a lifelong career. Graduates of this program also have the opportunity to transfer their credits to selected four-year institutions.