The Nano Engineering Technology Program provides training for those seeking a career in micro or nano systems engineering, manufacturing and scientific laboratory applications, or micro manufacturing in electronics or thin film processing.
The program provides instruction for non-medical laboratory workers with hands-on training to:
- apply hands on fundamental laboratory procedures and practices.
- design and produce micro and nano scale products.
- analyze materials using an array of equipment.
- analyze and troubleshoot micro and nano level processes.
- monitor production processes with an emphasis on safety and quality assurance.
Coursework includes lab science fundamentals, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, and nanoscience. You will design, produce, and analyze molecular level applications as they have transitioned from research to consumer products. You will use instrumentation, micro and nano fabrication processes, statistics, written communication, math, manufacturing processes, quality assurance, safety, and computer aided design. In addition, the program offers training in leadership, sociology, psychology, and project management to help graduates prepare for their careers in engineering technology.