If you have a strong interest in personal appearance, have artistic flair, enjoy working with people, and are seeking a career with many excellent employment opportunities, consider the Cosmetology program.
CVTC has recently created a state-of-the-art barber-cosmetology lab. You'll gain hands-on experience in a setting as close as possible to the work environment you'll find in this career area.
You will gain a complete understanding of salon operations, from marketing and retailing to hygiene and communication skills. The program includes classroom and hands-on instruction to develop the skills you need:
- Basic and specialty haircutting
- Ethnic hair care
- Manicure, pedicure, and nail enhancements
- Facials, makeup artistry, and color analysis
- Hair designing and styling
- Salon sciences
- Salon operations and management
- Retail sales/marketing
- Wisconsin cosmetology laws
- Bacteriology and sanitation
- Perming and coloring
- Hair, skin, and scalp conditioning
- Professionalism and ethics
The possibilities for employment related to this career are excellent, with good earning potential. More than 40 percent of all the people in this profession are self-employed, and many more work flexible schedules. With a career in the cosmetologist field, you have options!