The Farm Business & Production Management Program is designed to further your education in production agriculture, if you are just entering this career area or have years of experience:
- Farm family members
- Farm employees
- Ag professionals
- FSA borrowers
- Bankers and lenders
- Non-traditional farmers
Day and evening courses are offered to provide you with practical information you can use immediately:
- Farm Business Production Management - Six courses offered; topics include crop production, land use management, livestock production, financial and business planning, and livestock health and biosecurity.
- Cash Grain Production - Three courses offered in a three-year rotation; topics include agronomy cultural practices, facilities and equipment management, and marketing and financial management.
In addition to classroom experiences, you'll receive individualized instruction:
- Implementing technologies, including computer assistance
- Farm business analysis, financial planning, and record keeping assistance
- Livestock and crop production practices
The Farm Business & Production Management Program can help you make the most of your resources - part time, while you continue with your usual career responsibilities.