If you're interested in helping others, working as a member of a team, and have good communication skills, a career in human resources could be a good match for you.
Human resources play a critical role in the success of any organization. With the employment picture rapidly changing, human resources professionals have diverse career opportunities. CVTC's Human Resource Program is your first step toward a rewarding career.
This program includes an internship and covers the key areas within human resources. You'll learn how to
- recruit and select qualified candidates for available positions.
- understand and apply employment laws.
- organize and promote safety, health, and wellness programs.
- develop and evaluate effective employee training programs.
- administer benefit and payroll programs.
- maintain employee records and documentation.
- administer human resource policies including the performance management system.
- act professionally and ethically in a work setting.
- acquire human and employee relation skills.
- learn the role of HR in the workplace.
Graduates pursue careers as HR generalists, recruiters, trainers, payroll administrators and other human resource specialists in private industry, nonprofit organizations and government agencies. This program could be what you need to begin a rewarding career!