If you enjoy problem-solving and working with the latest computer and networking technology, a career in the field of Information Technology is for you. The Information Technology-Network Specialist program prepares you to install, configure, and administer the networking equipment and network services that are common in LAN and WAN environments.
The program provides training on important computer and networking technologies. You'll learn to
- Install and manage network operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Unix, and Linux.
- Install and troubleshoot client and server computer hardware and software.
- Install and configure thin clients, virtual PCs, and servers.
- Manage various types of directory services.
- Implement network and user security.
- Monitor network event logs for problem resolution.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware.
The cost of the following professional certification exams is included in the course fees for the corresponding courses:
Certification Exam Number Course Title
------------------ ------- -----------------
CompTIA A+ 150-170 A+ Review
CompTIA Network+ 150-181 Advanced NOS 2
CompTIA Security + 150-184 Network Security
Additionally, after completing the appropriate courses, students may qualify to take the following professional certification exams:
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator)
- CCNA (Cisco certified Network Associate)
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist)
Career opportunities continue to grow dramatically, both within the district and nationally. This could be the training you need for a rewarding career!