The trucking industry needs trained professionals with the skills and personal characteristics to get the job done.
- Independent, but able to follow regulations
- Excellent driving skills
- Responsible; concerned for safety
- Able to follow directions
If that's how you'd describe yourself, the Truck Driving Program could be the training you've been looking for. Your course will provide you with the knowledge you need to begin your truck driving career.
- Federal and state regulations
- How to maintain the driver's logbook
- Safe operating procedures
- Loading and securing loads
- Engines, transmissions, and differentials
- Handling related tools and equipment
- Bills of lading, hazardous materials
Through hands-on, simulation, and on-line instructional experiences, you'll receive training patterned after the day-to-day demands of this career.
- Shifting 9-, 10-, and 13-speed transmissions
- Conducting the pre-trip inspection
- Coupling and uncoupling
- Backing maneuvers
- Operating tractors and 48-/53-foot trailers
You may also gain training to give you a competitive edge in your career, including a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License with air brakes: hazardous materials and advanced training in off-road recovery, evasive maneuvers, controlled braking, and skid control.
This program will be a combination of traditional classroom, lab and online computer-based learning. The first 2 days of instruction will be delivered in a face-to-face computer lab. The remaining lecture portion of the courses will be delivered online, facilitated by your instructor.
This program could be what you need to begin a rewarding career!