If you enjoy problem solving as well as working with your hands, the Welding Program could be for you. It combines theory, demonstrations, and hands-on experiences to prepare you to take a welding project from blueprints through final inspection. The Welding program offers training in basic welding techniques you'll rely on in your career.
- Oxyacetylene welding and cutting
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW, stick welding)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW, MIG, wire-feed)
- Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW)
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW, TIG)
Your training will include advanced welding techniques and credentials.
- Robotic welding - set-up, programming, operation, and fixturing for automatic welding
- CNC plasma cutting - using a computer program to control the cutting on an automated plasma cutter
- CNC equipment processes
- Welding certification
- OSHA 10 certification
You'll also learn plasma arc cutting, blueprint reading, layout and fabrication techniques, and metallurgy concepts.
Your job prospects are best when you're trained in the latest technologies - and that's what CVTC's Welding Program has to offer you: instruction and skill development to meet the demands of today's workplace. This could be the career area you've been looking for!