LANDSCAPE, PLANT & TURF MANAGEMENT
Do you have a green thumb? Does the thought of working outdoors interest you? CVTC offers a broad-based Landscape, Plant & Turf Management-Horticulture program in which you will receive training in the following areas:
- Landscape management
- Golf course and athletic field management
- Greenhouse operation and management
- Vegetable and fruit production
- Interior plantscaping
You will gain the following skills:
- Selection of appropriate trees, shrubs and flowering plants
- Design and building of landscapes
- Proper plant maintenance and pruning techniques
- Insect and disease management
- Nutrient requirements of plants
- Exposure to golf course and lawn care management
- Sustainable vegetable and fruit production
- General greenhouse management
In addition to classroom instruction, this program includes an internship allowing you to apply your skills in the field.
Call 1-800-547-CVTC for more help
Get a Job
80% of our Landscape, Plant & Turf Management graduates get a job in the industry.
Earn Your Degree Fast
Graduate with a Landscape, Plant & Turf Management associate degree in just two years.
Degrees in Demand
The U.S. Department of Labor projects 80% of the jobs created in the next decade will require education beyond high school.
[CMSAbstractTransformation.DataBind]: Unrecognized Guid format.
These are a few of the courses you will take in the Landscape, Plant & Turf Management program. For more detailed course info click here.
- Turf Management & Irrigation Systems
The course will include nutrient needs, integrated pest management, diagnosis of problems, corrective strategies, irrigation principles, and irrigation implementation.
- Landscape Design/Construction
Students will learn how to create a sustainable landscape design that is functional, maintainable, environmentally sound, cost effective, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Integrated Plant/Pest Management
The course will provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose plant problems and control strategies in the landscape. Particular attention is given to insects, diseases, weeds, and cultural needs of landscape plants.
- Environmental Technician
- Greenhouse Grower
- Landscape Crew Member
- Lawn Care Specialist
- Sales Associate
[Error loading the WebPart 'Wireframe_Label' of type 'Wireframe.Label']