Free Income Tax Preparation & E-File
February 9 - April 13, 2017 | 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Chippewa Valley Technical College
Business Education Center
620 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
On Thursdays Feb. 9 through April 13, student volunteers certified by the IRS and working under the supervision of a CVTC Accounting instructor will provide free income tax preparation in room 240 of the Business Education Center, 620 W. Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire. The service is provided on a first-come-first-served basis, with sign-up beginning at noon and tax preparation from 1-4:30 p.m. each day. The service will not be available March 23 during spring break.
Services are provided free of charge to families and individuals whose total annual income is less than $54,000 per year. Taxes are prepared on a first come, first served basis.
Please bring with you:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Renter’s Certificate or real estate property tax receipts (for Homestead Credit)
Please allow at least 2 hours for your return to be completed.
PLEASE NOTE: Childcare is NOT available at these sessions. Please make other arrangements for your children.