Early Childhood Education - Advanced Placement
Associate Degree | 10-307-1
www.cvtc.edu | 1-800-547-2882
The Early Childhood Education-Advanced Placement program is a progression of the Child Care Services program. Eligibility for advanced placement requires that applicants have graduated from the one-year Child Care Services program.
Steps for Admission
Please choose one of the following based on your status.
New or Returning Students
- Submit Application for Admission located at cvtc.edu/apply
- Pay the one-time $30 application processing fee.
- Education Requirement – Applicants who did not graduate from high school, are not currently high school seniors, and did not receive an HSED or GED diploma must complete one of the Ability to Benefit (ATB) options to demonstrate college readiness. For more details, please review CVTC’s ATB Program information at kb.cvtc.edu/atb.
- Submit an official transcript in the Child Care Services field. – Applicants enrolled in an Child Care Services program at another school must provide an official transcript when applying showing they will have finished the complete one-year program before starting in the 2nd year of this program. Not required for CVTC Child Care Services graduates.
Currently Enrolled in the CVTC Child Care Services Program
- Students finishing first or second semester coursework in the Child Care Services program may submit a "Core Course Eligibility (CCE)" form at cvtc.edu/core-course-eligibility-form in order to be considered for the Early Childhood Education-Advanced Placement program (to continue on to the 2nd year of the program).
Once all the above items have been completed, you will be considered for enrollment based on current openings in the program.
Additional Program Requirements
A Pre-Entrance Health History and Physical Examination – The Admissions Office will notify you at the appropriate time with a specified deadline. It must be on file three weeks prior to entering the core courses (307 numbered) of the Early Childhood Education program.
Wisconsin Criminal Background Check – A fingerprint based criminal background check will be required at your expense within the first week of starting the Early Childhood Education program. More information about this process will be provided at that time. If you have concerns about an offense that may affect your ability to gain placement at a child care facility, please contact your academic advisor at 715-833-6346. A list of offenses that can affect the ability to gain placement can also be found at https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/publications/pdf/5206.pdf
Financial Aid – Information on financial aid availability, procedures and deadlines may be obtained by going to the Financial Aid page or by calling 715-833-6200.
Transfer Credit – Applicants with postsecondary credits should submit an official transcript to the Admissions Office for evaluation and possible transfer credit.
Last Updated: 2024-02-22T14:19:32Z
Printed: 2/27/2024 10:15 p.m.