IT - Software Development Specialist
Technical Diploma | 30-152-5
www.cvtc.edu | 1-800-547-2882
The IT-Software Development Specialist technical diploma prepares individuals to provide technical assistance in resolving software-based computer problems in today’s digital office environments.
Steps for Admission
- Submit an application for admission located at cvtc.edu/apply
- Pay the one-time $30 application processing fee.
- Education Requirement – Applicants who did not graduate from high school, are not currently high school seniors, and did not receive an HSED or GED diploma must complete one of the Ability to Benefit (ATB) options to demonstrate college readiness. For more details, please review CVTC’s ATB Program information at kb.cvtc.edu/atb.
Once all the above items have been completed, you will be considered for enrollment based on current openings in the program.
Previous Computer Experience
Before beginning this program you must have experience using basic Windows, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software. If you are not comfortable using this software, you should take 103-102 Microsoft Office Suite (2 credits) before starting the program or during your first semester. You must also be able to type at least 20 words per minute.
- Credit for Prior Learning – Credit for Prior Learning grants college credit toward an associate degree or technical diploma for previous knowledge and mastered skills directly related to the program curriculum. Previous knowledge and skills may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training, and professional development. This opportunity may enable students to accelerate the completion of their educational goals. More information can be found at cvtc.edu/CPL
- Financial Aid – Information on financial aid availability, procedures, and deadlines may be obtained by going to the Financial Aid page or by calling 715-833-6200.
- Transfer Credit – Applicants with postsecondary credits should submit an official transcript* to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation and possible transfer credit.
*Official transcripts must be submitted directly to CVTC from the educational institution by USPS mail or other recognized mail service providers in a sealed envelope or from a digital credential service (i.e., Parchment) approved by CVTC.
Last Updated: 2024-02-22T14:19:32Z
Printed: 2/27/2024 8:32 p.m.