Child Care Services
Technical Diploma | 31-307-1
www.cvtc.edu | 1-800-547-2882
Steps for Admission
- Submit an application for admission located at cvtc.edu/apply
- Pay the one-time $30 application processing fee.
- Education Requirement – Applicants who did not graduate from high school, are not currently high school seniors, and did not receive an HSED or GED diploma must complete one of the Ability to Benefit (ATB) options to demonstrate college readiness. For more details, please review CVTC’s ATB Program information at kb.cvtc.edu/atb.
Once all the above items have been completed, you will be considered for enrollment based on current openings in the program.
Additional Program Requirements
- Pre-entrance Health History and Physical Examination – The Admissions Office will notify you at the appropriate time with a specified deadline. It must be on file three weeks prior to entering the core courses of the Child Care Services program (307 numbered courses).
- Wisconsin Criminal Background Check – A fingerprint-based criminal background check will be required at your expense within the first week of starting the Child Care Services program. More information about this process will be provided at that time. If you have concerns about an offense that may affect your ability to gain placement at a childcare facility, please contact your academic advisor at 715-833-6346. A list of offenses that can affect the ability to gain placement can also be found at https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/publications/pdf/5206.pdf
- Early Childhood Education-Advanced Placement – After completion of all first and second semester Child Care Services courses, you will have the option to continue into the second year of the Early Childhood Education program by applying to the Early Childhood Education-Advanced Placement program and earn an associate degree.
- Financial Aid – Information on financial aid availability, procedures, and deadlines may be obtained by going to the Financial Aid page or by calling 715-833-6200.
- Transfer Credit – Applicants with postsecondary credits should submit an official transcript* to the Admissions Office at email@example.com for evaluation and possible transfer credit.
*Official transcripts must be submitted directly to CVTC from the educational institution by USPS mail or other recognized mail service providers in a sealed envelope or from a digital credential service (i.e., Parchment) approved by CVTC.
Last Updated: 2023-06-15T19:28:07Z
Printed: 12/8/2023 2:43 a.m.