Technical Diploma | 31-502-1
www.cvtc.edu | 1-800-547-2882
Students wanting to be a licensed cosmetologist are mandated by Wisconsin law to attend a minimum of 1,550 hours of instruction. Students enrolled at CVTC will take classes that are spread over a 12-month period of time. In addition, students must maintain a 2.0-grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0-grade scale. Failure to comply with both hour and grade requirements of a course will result in an incomplete or failure of the course. Courses can be repeated if necessary; however, students must notify Admissions to get their name back on the application list.
Steps for Admission
- Submit an application for admission located at cvtc.edu/apply
- Pay the one-time $30 application processing fee.
- Education Requirement – Applicants who did not graduate from high school, are not currently high school seniors, and did not receive an HSED or GED diploma must complete one of the Ability to Benefit (ATB) options to demonstrate college readiness. For more details, please review CVTC’s ATB Program information at kb.cvtc.edu/atb.
Once all the above items have been completed, you will be considered for enrollment based on current openings in the program.
- Financial Aid – Information on financial aid availability, procedures, and deadlines may be obtained by going to the Financial Aid page or by calling 715-833-6200.
- Transfer Credit – Applicants with postsecondary credits should submit an official transcript* to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation and possible transfer credit.
*Official transcripts must be submitted directly to CVTC from the educational institution by USPS mail or other recognized mail service providers in a sealed envelope or from a digital credential service (i.e., Parchment) approved by CVTC.
Last Updated: 2024-02-22T14:19:32Z
Printed: 2/27/2024 8:54 p.m.