Technical Diploma | 32-404-2
www.cvtc.edu | 1-800-547-2882
The Automotive Technician-Advanced Placement program is a progression of the Automotive Maintenance Technician program. Eligibility for advanced placement requires that applicants have received a "C" average in all courses and graduated from the one-year Automotive Maintenance Technician program.
Steps for Admission
Please choose one of the following based on your status.
New or Returning Students
- Submit an application for admission located at cvtc.edu/apply
- Pay the one-time $30 application processing fee.
- Education Requirement – Applicants who did not graduate from high school, are not currently high school seniors, and did not receive an HSED or GED diploma must complete one of the Ability to Benefit (ATB) options to demonstrate college readiness. For more details, please review CVTC’s ATB Program information at kb.cvtc.edu/atb.
- Submit an official Automotive Maintenance Technician transcript. Applicants enrolled in an Automotive Maintenance Technician program at another school must provide an official transcript* when applying to show they will have finished the complete one-year program before starting in the 2nd year of this program. Not required for CVTC Automotive Maintenance Technician graduates. Applicants must earn a “C” average in all of the Automotive Maintenance Technician courses.
Currently Enrolled in the CVTC Automotive Maintenance Technician Program
- Students finishing first or second semester coursework in the Automotive Maintenance Technician program may submit a "Core Course Eligibility (CCE)" form at cvtc.edu/core-course-eligibility-form in order to be considered for the Automotive Technician -Advanced Placement program (to continue on to the 2nd year of the program).
- Students currently taking classes in the one-year program must earn a “C” average in all of the Automotive Maintenance Technician courses.
Once all the above items have been completed, you will be considered for enrollment based on current openings in the program.
- Financial Aid – Information on financial aid availability, procedures, and deadlines may be obtained by going to the Financial Aid page or by calling 715-833-6200.
- Transfer Credit – Applicants with postsecondary credits should submit an official transcript* to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation and possible transfer credit.
*Official transcripts must be submitted directly to CVTC from the educational institution by USPS mail or other recognized mail service providers in a sealed envelope or from a digital credential service (i.e., Parchment) approved by CVTC.
Last Updated: 2024-02-22T14:19:32Z
Printed: 2/27/2024 8:45 p.m.