Technical Diploma | 32-412-1
www.cvtc.edu | 1-800-547-2882
Steps for Admission
- Submit an application for admission located at cvtc.edu/apply
- Pay the one-time $30 application processing fee.
- Education Requirement – Applicants who did not graduate from high school, are not currently high school seniors, and did not receive an HSED or GED diploma must complete one of the Ability to Benefit (ATB) options to demonstrate college readiness. For more details, please review CVTC’s ATB Program information at kb.cvtc.edu/atb.
Once all the above items have been completed, you will be considered for enrollment based on current openings in the program.
Additional Program Requirements
The following items must be completed prior to starting classes. Applicants will receive the necessary forms along with dates for completion once he/she has been accepted for the program.
- Verification of valid driver's license
- Applicants must possess a valid driver's license throughout the duration of the program.
- CVTC will periodically check with the student to verify if she/he possesses a valid license.
- Once enrolled in the program, the student is responsible for informing the Diesel/Heavy Equipment Technician instructor on the next school day if a loss of license occurs.
- DOT (Department of Transportation) Physical Exam form
- A physical is required to obtain Commercial Drivers License (CDL). Applicants are responsible for physical exam expenses.
- A CDL is required to graduate from the training program.
- Results of Controlled Substance Testing
- Initial test results must be submitted before starting classes. Applicants are responsible for testing expenses.
- The Admissions Office will notify you at the appropriate time with a specific deadline.
- Random testing is required once enrolled in the program.
- Financial Aid – Information on financial aid availability, procedures, and deadlines may be obtained by going to the Financial Aid page or by calling 715-833-6200.
- Transfer Credit – Applicants with postsecondary credits should submit an official transcript* to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation and possible transfer credit.
*Official transcripts must be submitted directly to CVTC from the educational institution by USPS mail or other recognized mail service providers in a sealed envelope or from a digital credential service (i.e., Parchment) approved by CVTC.
Last Updated: 2024-02-22T14:19:32Z
Printed: 2/27/2024 8:37 p.m.