Community Use of College Facilities
Effective January 1, 2020
College facilities may be used by community groups, subject to availability, regulations for use of facilities, and approval of the Scheduling Office.
Chippewa Valley Technical College makes available facilities and equipment to the community, subject to the rules and regulations set forth in this procedure; however, no use will be permitted that interferes with the College's educational mission and core values.
Individuals or organizations that would use the facility in direct competition with the College's services or programs are not eligible to use the College's facilities. Events such as weddings, showers, private parties or events of a similar nature will not be eligible to use the College's facilities.
Use of Chippewa Valley Technical College facilities for the making or receiving of political contributions is prohibited by Wisconsin statute. Chippewa Valley Technical College further reserves the right to regulate the time, place, and manner in which political candidates or their representatives can appear on campus for the purpose of soliciting nomination signatures or presenting a public forum.
Requests for use of the College's facilities available for public use will be honored on an as-available basis after the College's instructional needs have been met. Requests for use of the College's facilities by outside groups or organizations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis with no reservations accepted more than one year (365 calendar days) prior to the date of the event. All requesters agree to comply with the College's policies and procedures.
Preference to requesters will be given as follows:
- Educational activities sponsored by Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Non-educational activities sponsored by Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Businesses, agencies, schools or organizations within the Chippewa Valley Technical College District
- Businesses, agencies, schools or organizations outside of the Chippewa Valley Technical College District
All requests for the use of College facilities by any outside organization shall be made through the online form or to the following Event Scheduling offices:
Chippewa Falls Campus Office
Eau Claire Clairemont Campus Office
Includes Business Education Center, East Annex, West Annex, Health Education Center, Diesel Education Center, Emergency Service Education Center, and Energy Education Center
Eau Claire Manufacturing Education Center
Neillsville Center Office
River Falls Campus Office
The requester is responsible for the submission of the following documents prior to the event (State of Wisconsin agencies are exempt from these requirements):
- Hold Harmless Application
- Certificate of Insurance
The requester is also responsible for reviewing and following the College’s procedures on “Use of College Facilities” document.
The College will invoice all organizations for room, technology, custodial, and other fees. Payment is due upon booking of the facility. Payment methods include credit card or check. Cancellations must be received a minimum of three business days prior to the scheduled event to receive a refund.
All groups using Chippewa Valley Technical College facilities shall comply with the following:
- Information Technology – Computer Software: The College encourages outside guests to access specialized computer software through the Internet. When accessing the Internet, the use of a plug-in may be required. All plug-ins should be reviewed with the Information Technology Department in advance to ensure workability. Due to security and copyright issues, special software may not be loaded on College computers.
- Tobacco Use: Allowed at designated areas only as indicated on signs at each campus entrance.
- Alcohol Policy: Outside alcoholic beverages on CVTC property are strictly prohibited.
- Bringing latex items, such as balloons, to any campus facility is discouraged as this could pose a health risk to latex-sensitive individuals.
- Signage: An outside group may post signs for their event. Signs should include the date of the event and painter’s tape should be used to display the sign(s). A sign standard, borrowed from the Event Scheduling office, may be used to display a sign in the middle of a hallway. Do not post signs on walls in stairways, as this is a fire hazard. All signs should be removed after the event is over. Postings that contain profanity, promote alcohol, tobacco, and/or illicit drugs, or are accusatory to individuals or groups will not be displayed.
- Room Use: All furniture or fixtures are to be returned to their original position. The person or organization making the reservation will be held responsible for preservation of order and will be liable for any damage sustained above normal wear and tear while under his/her control. Additional custodial or technology charges may apply for returning the room to its original position.
- No items shall be sold, given, exhibited, or displayed without obtaining prior permission.
- Parking: Park cars according to posted signs. Overnight parking (11 p.m. to 6 a.m.) in any College lot will not be allowed without prior approval from the Safety and Security Office (715-833-6202 or 715-833-6670).
- Food Service: Food service at all Eau Claire locations is provided by Sodexo Campus Services. No food or beverages for events may be catered by outside vendors. Outside organizations may bring in their own food and beverages for all other sites outside Eau Claire. Contact Sodexo and view their menus through cvtc.catertrax.com. If you have placed an order or need assistance the day of your event, please call 715-831-7330.
- In Case of Inclement Weather: In case the college is closed due to unsafe weather conditions, outside group events/room rental agreements are also cancelled. Refunds will be issued or rescheduling will be coordinated to accommodate the group affected by the college closure. Please watch the local weather channels or check the CVTC website to confirm if the college is closed.
- Any messages and communications surrounding this event should indicate that the views and opinions expressed are those of the hosting organization and do not reflect the policy or position of Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC). CVTC should not be indicated as a host sponsor, partner or otherwise unless an agreement is in place with a CVTC representative. Any media coverage should be communicated to the Director of Marketing, Communications, Recruitment, and Workforce Solutions & Continuing Education, Joni Geroux, firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-833-6397 and should follow the messaging guidelines as agreed upon above.