Small investment in quality training, big payback
This SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers the topics you need to meet key HR challenges that are relevant to you and your company. In 15 hours of training time, you can cover the issues you need to reduce potentially costly lawsuits.
Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward format ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations.
- Keep up with key federal laws in areas such as total rewards, equal employment opportunity and harassment
- Improve employee recruitment and selection
- Increase your knowledge of orientation, onboarding, development and training
- Understand best practices for employee handbooks
- Download and use sample templates like employment applications, job descriptions, disciplinary policies and more
This program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources, so you will learn faster and retain more knowledge to accelerate your future in HR.
Just the Facts
Course Length //
Total Class Hours //
Course Dates //
Check back for upcoming dates.
Looking for the next step in SHRM education? Discover the new standard in HR certification with our SHRM Certification Preparation course.
Why Enroll in Our Course?
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the SHRM Essentials of HR is designed by global subject matter experts and incorporates six key topics from the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining learning materials with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Our program offers you a strong foundation to advance your HR career.
Learn from an experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
Gain a solid HR knowledge foundation to build on as you advance in your career.
Enjoy opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
Experience a structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
Who Should Enroll in SHRM essentials?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides a solid foundation in human resources concepts and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
I loved the instructor-led SHRM Learning System course. Rather than just teaching facts and figures, the course has improved my critical thinking skills as an HR professional.
Lisa Karahan, SHRM-SCP
Please let us know if you have any questions about the SHRM Essentials course. We're here for you and will help in any way we can!