Are you looking for a fun career that allows you to utilize your creative and artistic skills? CVTC’s Cosmetology program allows you to learn all aspects of skin, hair, and nail care.
In our state-of-the-art cosmetology salon, you’ll gain hands-on experience in a setting that mirrors the work environment. Your training will prepare you for an easy transition into a professional salon career as a hair stylist, barber, or owner.
You will gain a complete understanding of salon operations, from marketing and retail, to hygiene and communication skills. The cosmetology classes will cover:
- Basic and specialty haircutting
- Manicure, pedicure, and nail enhancements
- Facials, makeup artistry, and color analysis
- Hair designing and styling
- Chemical concepts
- Ethnic hair care
- Salon operations and management
- Retail sales/marketing
- Wisconsin cosmetology laws
- Bacteriology and sanitation
- Perming and coloring
- Hair, skin, and scalp conditioning
- Professionalism and ethics