A person’s smile is an important feature. Those who help protect it are equally important. Earn your dental hygienist degree at CVTC. This program allows you to gain hands-on experience in the CVTC Dental Clinic as well as classroom instruction. As a dental hygienist, you will work as a member of a dental health team, focusing on the assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, implementation, evaluation, and documentation of dental disease as well as prevention of dental disease.
You will learn how to:
- Maintain patient records in a professional and confidential manner.
- Assess patients for signs, symptoms, and risk factors for oral disease.
- Diagnose dental hygiene problems.
- Provide direct dental hygiene patient care.
- Educate the patients on their oral health.
- Expose x-rays for diagnoses of oral disease and collaborate with other dental professionals.
- Utilize dental office management software.
This program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, and prepares you to take the national, regional, and state practical exams required for your dental hygienist license.