Enjoy working with electronics and figuring out how to make things work by taking them apart and putting them back together? CVTC’s ElectroMechanical Maintenance Technician program prepares individuals with a diverse skill set that is in high demand in modern manufacturing facilities. The program develops knowledge and skills in electrical and electronic circuits, AC and DC motors, industrial wiring and relay logic and fluid power applications.
After successful completion of the ElectroMechanical Maintenance Technician Technical Diploma, the student has the opportunity to apply these credits to the Automation Systems Technology Associate Degree two-year program and enter the second year of Automation Systems Technology located in the Manufacturing Education Center at CVTC’s Eau Claire Gateway Campus.
Skills you'll gain:
- Basic electricity & electronics troubleshooting
- Mechanical power systems installation, alignment & maintenance
- Electrical control wiring (relay logic), installation & troubleshooting
- Motor control & PLC (programmable logic controllers) wiring & installation
- Pneumatic & hydraulic systems troubleshooting
If you completed the Electromechanical Maintenance Technician program, you can apply for Advanced Placement into the Automation Engineering Technology program in Eau Claire to continue your education and earn your associates degree.