Picture yourself in a new career! Start in CVTC’s Radiography program and earn your associate degree in two years. Radiography is one of the fastest growing areas of healthcare, and a career in radiologic technology offers a promising future, job stability, and a good salary.
Radiologic technologists work closely with radiologists, the physicians who interpret medical images to either diagnose or rule out disease/injury. For the images to be interpreted correctly by the radiologist, the imaging examinations must be performed properly and competently by an imaging expert, the radiographer.
As a radiologic technologist, you will:
- Produce images that aid in the diagnosis of diseases.
- Prepare patients for exams and position them for the radiograph.
- Communicate information in order to ensure accurate results of the radiograph.
- Demonstrate professional standards and behaviors while interacting with patients.
In the program, you will gain the following skills:
- Effective communication skills
- Ethical standards and values
- Radiographer functionality
- Selecting technical factors on a control panel
- Processing film and producing digital images
- Preparing patient for exams
- Applying radiation safety measures
At CVTC you will be able to experience this career first hand through classroom, laboratory, and clinical experiences.