Join the software revolution that is reshaping our world! Software developers are in high demand with a variety of skills ranging from building a website or application, supporting a business system, interfacing into other electronic devices, to writing a report against a database. As a software developer you are the architect and builder of a virtual environment that people utilize for productivity, services, and entertainment. You are a business professional who helps businesses compete in a global market.
The IT Software Developer program is hands-on in a collaborative learning environment. You will work individually and in groups on a variety of programming challenges and projects. Almost all classes are offered in a hybrid format. Many classes are offered online.
You'll learn to:
- Manage data and databases using SQL, MS Access, SQLite SQL Server, and MySQL
- Design and write computer programs using Java, C#.NET, and Visual Basic.Net
- Analyze business processes and apply solutions with Agile software development and industry-standard reporting tools such as Crystal Reports
- Utilize operating systems and platforms, including UNIX, Windows, and Mac OS X
The software developer program also helps you develop valuable workplace skills including; time management, collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and environmental awareness.
Technical Diplomas within this Program
Earn a one-year Information Technology technical diploma in any one of the following areas. If you decide to pursue the IT - Software Developer associate degree, your diploma will apply towards that degree.
- Database Specialist
- Java Programmer
- Microsoft .NET Programmer
- User Support Technician
- Web Development Specialist