Do you have a unique ability to stay calm under pressure or in the midst of an emergency? CVTC’s Paramedic Technician program allows you to help people in emergency situations. If you can quickly react and focus on providing competent care during an emergency, this is the right choice for you.
In CVTC’s Paramedic program, you will learn how to:
- Respond to medical and traumatic emergencies
- Assess ill and injured people
- Initiate care
- Provide for continuity of care
- Manage patient care using medical guidelines
The paramedic training consists of three components including classroom and laboratory instruction using real world simulation, clinicals in a hospital or other health care setting under direct supervision, and an internship to enhance learning through the practice of paramedicine in pre-hospital setting with actual patients under the supervision of instructors or approved specialists.
You will gain the following skills:
- Advanced patient assessment
- Initiation of intravascular access
- Administration of medications
- Interpretation of EKGs
- Endotracheal intubation
- Advanced medical and trauma procedures
Upon graduation from this program, you will be eligible to apply to write the National Registry of EMT’s examination as well as apply to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services for licensure.