Prepare for the rapidly changing office environment with the Office Assistant program. Throughout this one-year technical diploma, students learn to integrate computer, human relations, and communication skills to work individually and in a business team setting.
Throughout the program you will develop or enhance your professional skills and gain the ability to:
- use a variety of computer software packages
- format and produce business documents
- exhibit excellent customer relations skills in person and over the telephone
- accurately file and manage records
- understand the basics of email and the Internet
- use spelling, punctuation, and grammar correctly
- display a professional attitude, appearance, and behavior
- enhance your organizational skills
- communicate effectively in oral and written communication
Many qualities and traits are essential to a successful office assistant. Some characteristics you'll find emphasized in this program are:
- honesty and integrity
- a positive attitude, confidence, and poise
- organizational and time management skills
- a professional image
An internship in a local business office is included in the second semester of this program. After successful completion of the Office Assistant Technical Diploma program, the student may apply these credits to the Executive Assistant program and enter the second year of the program.
Technical Diplomas within this Program
Earn a one-semester technical diploma in Office Receptionist after completing the first semester courses in the Office Assistant or Executive Assistant Associate Degree. If you decide to pursue the Office Assistant Technical Diploma or Executive Assistant Associate Degree, your diploma will apply towards those programs.